Small Business SEO Services - Hitchin, Hertfordshire, UK
Whether you're a plumber, fitness coach, car mechanic, office space provider, online kids clothing store, cake-maker, branch of solicitors or professional services consultant, SEO (Search Engine Optimisation) is key to your small business being found and attracting potential customers online.
And whether you like it or not, right now (and probably 24 hours a day, 7 days a week) your local competitors are being called or emailed by your target customers instead of you because they've been found in Google or Bing - the two major search engines.
That leaves you with a choice to make as a small business owner!
a) Let your competitors grow their small business using SEO and overtake you in your marketplace
b) Decide that enough is enough, take your online success seriously and set about out-performing, out-smarting and out-ranking them in search engines?
To set the record straight - Google and Bing don't care that your business was formed 20 years ago before your competitor formed theirs. They also don't care about the size of your offices, your revenue or the number of staff your business employs.
But why don't they care?
All Google and Bing care about is making sure they show the most relevant, helpful and engaging website page possible to those who enter words into their search engines (hence the term "search engine").
To get a taste of what goes into how Google ranks website pages and how they find great website content from all over the web, take a look at How Search Works - this guide gives a great breakdown of what crawling, indexation, algorithms and fighting spam are.
Another super-guide (downloadable as a PDF) by Search Engine Land is called The Periodic Table of SEO Success Factors.
Before we go back to discussing small business SEO, here's some facts about Google's "organic search" (the term to describe their ranking pages):
- Google uses approx 200 ranking signals in their algorithm and updates these signals around 4,000 times per year
- People around the world enter words into Google's search engine to find answers approx 140 billion times per day
- There were over 1 trillion website pages in Google's index in July 2008 - so the number now in 2015 is probably huge
What do these statistics tell us?
- Ranking your website's pages is a lot different (and harder, if you're in a competitive online market) than it was before
- With 140 billion searches a day, that's a huge amount of potential traffic finding website pages. Some of those are your potential customers
- 1 trillion web pages indexed (in Google's library) means every website is vying for being found at the top of search engines
So you want a piece of the Google or Bing search engine pie? Why shouldn't you? You have the same opportunity to dominate rankings just like your competitors.
But like most small business owners, you're probably strapped for time, busy developing your own business and have no time to learn SEO yourself.
And that's how Dimmock Web Marketing can help you - we'll focus on your business success online, while you build yours offline!
- We've helped many local small businesses, just like you, increase revenue and profit by helping turn their website into a sales / lead generating machine
- We're local to you and regularly work with clients in Baldock, Letchworth, St Albans, Watford, Stevenage, Welwyn, Hatfield, Potters Bar and many other Hertfordshire towns
- The business is run by Tony Dimmock (an industry veteran of 13 years) who has instilled a results-driven work ethic since forming the company 7 years ago
- Your business is unique. So our goal will be to understand your business model, goals and objectives before we start work (how else can we help you achieve your goals?)
- If you've worked with a previous SEO company who've been low on ethics or secretive, you'll find our honest, transparent approach refreshing
- Strategic internet marketing and SEO work may include: Keyword Topic Research, Google My Business Optimisation, Web Page Copywriting, Directory Submission and Social Media Optimisation (and others if required)
- If you would like to get a better understanding of SEO generally, so you feel a little more comfortable with the work we carry out, SEO training is available
To help you, we'll need to do the following:
1) Discuss your business goals and objectives, either over the telephone or in person. We're happy to visit you and equally happy for you to visit us!
2) Run an SEO audit to understand your website and online profile as they stand right now - this gives us a starting point, prior to work being carried out
3) Review your Google Search Console (formerly "Webmaster Tools") and Google Analytics software data - we'll need access to both of these tools
4) Provide you with a quotation of the services we'll need to carry out including deliverables and projected outcomes
To get the ball rolling, either:
We'll need to speak with you first prior to conducting an audit or meeting for a coffee (we do not provide quotations without dialogue). You can also read more about us, see our top tips for choosing the right SEO company or review our client testimonials.
We look forward to working with you!